Annabel Lee Explication

It was many many a year ago, in a kingdom by the sea, that a maiden there lived whom you may know by the name of Annabel Lee; and this maiden she lived with no other thought than to love and be loved by me.

This seems to be a representation of a woman that the author felt very positively about who happens to reside near a waterway OR: could he be speaking of a ship that he is very fond of?

I was a child and she was a child, in this kingdom by the sea, but we loved with a love that more than love—I and my Anabel Lee—with a love that the winged seraphs of heaven coveted her and me.

The author seems to be showing that the love between he and Annabel Lee was more than love, even though they were very young, perhaps too young to fall in love? OR: could he be discussing his love for his ship, the Annabel Lee?

And this was the reason that long ago in this kingdom by the sea a wind blew out of a cloud by night chilling my Annabel Lee so that her highborn kinsmen came and bore her away from me, to shut her up in a sepulcher in this kingdom by the sea. The angels, not half so happy in heaven went envying her and me: Yes, that was the reason(as all men know, in this kingdom by the sea) that the wind came out of the cloud, chilling and killing my Annabel Lee.

The author claims that their love/relationship and age resulted in Annabel Lees death that presented itself as mother nature?? OR: Is the author portraying greed and envy as a motive for a possible homicide? OR: did mother nature just sink the Annabel Lee?

But our love it was stronger by far than the love of those who were older than we, of many far wiser than we and neither the angels in heaven above not the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee.

The love between the author and Annabel Lee was more powerful than all the world and the people in it. The author feels that their love was impervious to everything. OR: This once again could be related to his ship, the Annabel Lee with whom he shared a deep love for. The author could be referring to older ships and younger ships and the elements of nature being the wind, rain, sea, marine life, etc… could not interfere with this bond of love between the author and the Annabel Lee.

For the moon never beams without bringing me dreams of the beautiful Annabel Lee and the stars never rise but I see the bright eyes of the beautiful Annabel Lee, and so, all the night tide I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my wife and my bride, in her sepulcher there by the sea-in her tomb by the side of the sea.

As I come to the end of the poem, I am feeling more towards this poem explaining Poes love with a ship, the Annabel Lee. In the last few lines, the author talks of how the moon, stars, the sea and surroundings remind him of Annabel Lee. Poe lies down in the sand of a beach, lying next to the tomb of the Annabel Lee. The tomb actually being the ocean, as the Annabel Lee has sunk. Was this sabotage or pirates or a battle???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Recycling At Home-Everyday items from A to Z -must read

SICK OF PAYING HIGH POWER BILLS ? Here are some resources on ways to save money within your household. Rebates, Programs, Free Solar, Government Programs, etc..

E-Waste, what do you do with yours?