Whats the Rip on Paper
- Paper towels-Why do we NEED to use paper towels? We don't Need Them-- wake up.......
According to the NRDC-- 544,000 trees/year would be saved by using one less roll of papertowels or by using 100% recycled papertowels..
- paper products brands to AVOID: Bounty, Viva, Kleenex, Puffs-These manufacturers haven't left their caves they are living in and still don't provide green paper manufacturing. Wake up & recycle Bounty.
(One ream/box =500 sheets paper--requires 3.6kg of wood to create ).
In a years time, your office would be utilizing 10,752 kg of wood to create all the paper you are using.
- Recycled paper folks; 100% consumer recycled paper is available for all and is priced the same or sometimes cheaper than virgin paper.
- Savings using Recycled paper: recycling one ton of newsprint saves about 1 ton of wood while recycling 1 ton of printing or copier paper saves slightly more than 2 tons of wood
- If you are interested in reading more on this topic, click here: http://www.nrdc.org/land/forests/tissueguide/ratings.aspx?paper=paper+towels