Earth Day - April 22, 2011
I can't forget to talk about Earth Day; what - with the topic of my blogger. For anyone who hasn't heard of, or who knows very little about Earth Day, it's ok, you're not alone.
Earth Day began in 1970 and was inducted by the then - US Democratic Senator, Gaylord Nelson. Senator Nelson's endeavor was for folks to be more aware of things like; how our living things interact with - and need their environment, how those same living things interact with other living things within their environment, areas of pollution and pollution potential and to encourage others to appreciate the environment and "do their part" in reducing pollution.
Earth Day is recognized in the US, as well as over 180 other countries, and serves the same purpose today as it did when our fine US politician introduced it.
So, "how does one celebrate Earth Day", you ask....
1. Make a vow to yourself and/or your family that you will; reduce your water intake at home (shut off shower when shampooing and soaping, unplug all electrical items when not in use, compost, compost, compost, shut out the lights & use candles, change all bulbs in the house to incandescent, shut the water off when you brush your teeth, take shorter showers, follow any of my previously posted tips & tricks here on my blog).
2. Walk, cycle or car pool or use public transportation for the day, week or month.
3. GET OUTSIDE - don't sit at the computer all day - spend some time appreciating nature and truly think about how complex the Ecology of nature really is.
4. RRR: reduce, reuse & recycle.
5. Follow any one of my posted tips here on the blog, and some of them are soo easy to do...
Good luck and Participate in this years Earth Day, 2011.