Ideas for Recycling Egg Cartons
So, you have finished up all the eggs from the carton; what can you do with the egg carton when it's empty? Here are some ideas to consider implementing to recycle your egg cartons.
Click the link below for some other Egg Cubism ideas.
I hope you are using your toilet paper and paper towel rolls for your shipping needs. Now you can add to your collection egg cartons - for your packing and shipping needs. Stay away from those plastic inserts, foam inserts and other non-biodegradable materials.
Gardening in the Winter or Summer
- poke a few holes in the bottom of the cups for drainage.
- fill the cups approx 2/3 with potting soil.
- Plant seeds and cover the seeds with 1/3 potting soil.
- Keep your carton set in a sunny window and water daily.
When your seeds have sprouted and the climate is warm and sunny it's time to transplant them into the garden (dependant on type of plant/flower you are growing-the seed packet should supply some directions for best growing climate). This is a great project for kids.
Some items you may put into your cartons could be;
- paper clips
- safety pins
- golf balls
- doll shoes
- many others…. take a look at some of the ideas I've found and have fun living sustainable and green..